Thursday, April 9, 2009

Junior Boys. Nope, not so much.

I'd like to apologize for not blogging earlier about how awful the Junior Boys show was, but I was too busy trying to go all Eternal Sunshine on my mind about it. It was like a sad zombie dance party. I do believe there is more energy and electricity generated by a 20 watt light bulb than those two dudes of dull.

First off there set was entirely too long for the $19.98 (USD not Canadian dollars) that I spent. Had I wanted to be that bored, I would have bought some heinous color of paint and then stirred it for an hour and a half hoping that it would be prettier if I just "stirred it a little longer."

I mean Canada you have some fine exports, namely Degrassi High, Labatt's Blue, and jet streams to entertain me as I try to dress in the morning, but this? Really?!? No wonder 1/2 of America seems to think you're a third-world country, and the other half thinks you're a french fry and gravy loving, hug-a-thon of "free" health care.

I don't think there was enough 7 dollar beers to make this show even salvageable. I can make a dance party out of a cell phone ring so that's saying a lot. I don't understand why nobody is bringing it lately.

Wavves, you guys were good I enjoyed you the next night, but if I wanted to listen to you play for like 30-35 minutes, I would've just played your album loudly.

I am distressed that I missed Friendly Fires. Those boys can bring the dance party out like it were Berlin on Madonna night. I'll just have to keep rocking out to "Skeleton Boy" on my iPod of doom.

I'm going to Great Lake Swimmers on the 21st but I don't know what I'm going to do to hold me over until then. Where are the good shows? Oh wait, we're rapidly approaching that point in time where nobody all that great will come and play Chicago because of Pitchfork and Lollapalooza. All the good shows stack up on the same days in the winter, and believe me, no matter how warm I get, when it's 65 two weeks prior then snowing when I get out of work, I sure don't want to schlep myself to a show and wish that I had just gone home and watched some sort of quality programming on CBS prime time.

No comments: