Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My mom thinks she's in love with you, but I'm not.

For the first post, Tep and I decided to do a joint blog.

It works out, because we were actually arguing about who got to write about this particular band just yesterday.

Architecture in Helsinki





I first heard of this band when my friend Jason randomly invited me to a show. I realized later that I had actually heard a couple of the songs before, but went to the show expecting to be underwhelmed. And I was amazed. They have possibly one of the best live shows I've ever seen, which really has a lot to do with their out of control energy. They also play a twisted version of "musical chairs"--only instead of chairs, they use their instruments. Each band member switches to a different instrument between songs! I loved them.



I have many favorite songs from the new album, but if I had to pick one that would express the lead singer's versatility and unique sound, I would choose "Like It or Not."



value="http://media.imeem.com/m/W8IpfVvXCZ/aus=false/">

Rear Admiral "Chubby Browne" Tep prefers this song off of their older album, "Do the Whirlwind":



Check out the band's Myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/aihmusic
They've also got a ton of great merch for sale, that I was unfortunately too poor to purchase at their live show. My favorite item, hands down, is the hoodie that says "AIH FANG CLUB"...with fangs on it. I love a good pun!

No comments: