Friday, December 7, 2007

Smack it, flip it, slow it down... oh no!

Hello fellow music lovers! Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Soulstar, and I'll bring to this slice of webspace my choices of underrated artists within the music industry. Some have been signed and left by the wayside; some are still reaching for the proverbial mecca known as a major label deal. Some are stretching out on their own, going the indie route and stying true. Whatever the case, they have extraordinary talent and creativity, and I want them exposed to the world.

My first entry is Yummy Bingham. A pint-size diva with a high-pitched voice and a unique swagger, Yummy was signed to Motown/Universal. Poor marketing tactics resulted in her album being shelved in the US. Despite her label issues, she has a MC-esque lyrical ability, and combines it with fresh vocal production and thumping beats.

"What More" is an example of her creativity, showcasing a taste of her style, which could be considered a mix of R&B, Soul, and Hip-Hop with a sprinkle of Jazz.


You can find more information about Yummy on her MySpace page: www.myspace.com/yummybingham.

Until next time, stay blessed and support good music.

- Soulstar

No comments: